Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Revel in Revelations

People, people, people. Just like that old cliché, women-can't live with the, can't live without them. You love them or you hate them. They can give you energy as much they can suck the life out of you.



I think this is quite funny and ironic, as some friends were telling me about one friend that showed a completely different side of themselves; so much so that they have decided to not have any more contact with this particular friend. I was kind of saddened by hearing this, and maybe though that it was bit cruel, BUT sometimes people take it there, and this is the only way to deal with them. People's true selves are revealed for a reason (you can thank that little angel that sits on your shoulder). Their actions tell you EXACTLY how to deal with them, and you move on….



 


So fast forward a few weeks or so from me listening how this one friend is neva, EVA going to be looked at the same again. I have my own little similar snafu. Unfortunately, being the road warrior that I am, I had acquired a small rock chip on my windshield from road tripping that blossomed into a full grown crack spreading aaaaaaaalllllllllllll the way across my windshield. Knowing Beamey likes to look her best, I finally decided to get it replaced. Again. (I have had this car for two years, and have now replaced the windshield twice). Anywho, long story short-I ask a friend to pick me up from the body shop and give me a lift to work since it is relatively close to his home. He gladly obliged without hesitation. Yeah, good friend….revealed!


 


Later that morning, I call to get status on the installation, and the shop says that it should be done and ready to go by 1pm, which is good, but then bad, because I have to ask for another favor. I am not going to ask my friend that picked me up initially because his favor is done; time to spread the wealth. So I ask another coworker if they can kindly give me a lift during lunch so I can get my car and come back to work. I emphasized that I wanted to get it done early due to a) the traffic in the area where the shop is horrendous at 5 o'clock, and b) the weather was slated to be pretty stank later in the day, so I wanted to be as considerate as possible-to not subject anyone to being stuck in rush hour traffic in bad weather. Of course, I would offer gas money or lunch or whatever.



 


First of all, this person asked me if I asked anyone else first; which is a pet peeve of mine. Don't worry about who I have asked; I am asking YOU! Secondly, they told me flat out-"I am not going anywhere for lunch". So no favor. Fine, I asked someone else, and they offered to leave work a little early to make sure I got to the shop before it closed. Yaaay-another great, unselfish person…. revealed!



 


Now, the kicker to this is the same person who denied my request for favor (ahahahahaha-sounds so formal) asked me for a substantial amount of money a few months back. I am not talking about hundreds of dollars, but it was enough to where my eyes bucked a little upon their initial request. Enough to where I would need to go to the ATM, as I don't carry that amount of money on hand. Did I ask what it was needed for? Nope. I figured, if they are coming to me to borrow that amount, they must really need it. At any rate, they ended up not needing the money after all. But I remember I was quite insistent on making sure they still needed the money that day or not. Because I'm NICE that way hehehehehe. But yeah, boooooo-a jerkwad…. revealed! Ahahahaha.



 


Thinking back now, it is true how actions speak waaaaaaaaaaaaay louder than words. Speaking may not even be an appropriate-enough adjective, its more like actions scream, yell, SHOUT louder than words. So if something like this is revealed to you, be it about a job, friend, whatever; don't get irritated or mad (okay, you can at first, but only briefly)-just be thankful that whatever the issue is has been revealed to you, and you can stop wasting energy on it and move on; or quickly alter your dealings with the irritant. As Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment